We are committed to delivering Rocky Mount Academy's mission through an educational experience deeply rooted in on-campus programming while also supporting those who are unable to be on campus due to illness.
Guidelines (updated 7/1/2022)
Isolation: Staff and students who test positive, regardless of vaccination status:
- Do not have symptoms – should isolate from others for 5 days, then wear a mask for 5 additional days.
- Have symptoms – should isolate from others until fever-free and symptoms are improving. Individuals should isolate for at least 5 days since symptoms began and then wear a mask for 5 additional days.
Quarantine: Staff and students who are exposed to someone with COVID-19, and
- Not vaccinated – stay away from others for 5 days, get tested on day 5 after exposure, and if they test negative, return to school while wearing a mask for 5 additional days.
- Vaccinated and eligible for a booster, but not yet been boosted – stay away from others for 5 days, get tested on day 5 after exposure, and if they test negative, return to school while wearing a mask for 5 additional days.
- Fully vaccinated – individuals do not need to stay away from others, but should wear a mask for 10 days.
StrongSchools NC Guidance (as of June 24, 2022)
- It is no longer recommended that schools implement physically distancing strategies (such as keeping students 3ft or 6ft apart)
- Universal contact tracing is no longer recommended.
Deciding When to Stay Home
- Do not send your child to school if he/she is unwell or exhibits any COVID-like symptoms.
- Do not send your child to school if he/she has a fever of 99 degrees or higher.
- Notify the school nurse if a member of my household has been exposed to someone with a confirmed case of COVID-19.
- Monitor school communication via email and access current notifications at www.rmacademy.com- COVID-19 tab.
VIRTUAL LEARNING POLICY
The mission of Rocky Mount Academy is to prepare students for the challenges, opportunities, and responsibilities they will encounter in life and college. The core values of academics, character, community, and global awareness are best nurtured in an in-person learning environment. While the use of technology plays a significant role in its in-person instructional program, on its own, it is not considered an adequate replacement for the Rocky Mount Academy experience. Therefore, Rocky Mount Academy does not offer a virtual/remote learning option as an alternative to in-person learning for its students.